Saturday 27 April 2013

OCD Tendencies

If you don't know me in person or maybe not very well, you may not know that I am a little obsessive about organisation.

This morning I woke up, went on the Macbook for the first time in a while to see the chaos which is Tom's desktop. I won't screenshot it incase he is working on some top secret projects, but there are files everywhere. His favorite place to save things is straight to the desktop - from his ai files to booking forms to images saved from the internets. It stresses me out big time. Before I can possibly carry on with my day, I have put everything into folders and moved them off the desktop. Satisfaction.

This is how I roll...

All files in the right place and named accordingly. It's a beautiful thing. 

On another level....

If you are a creative, and you don't spend a lot of time looking for inpsiration, there is an 85% chance that you suck. This is my 3rd folder of inspiration with about 2,500 images. I am in the habit of saving every image with the artist's name (if I know it) and then some key words about the image that I like. Such as _squint_teeth. So next time I am drawing a bear and am thinking "what kind of teeth does a bear have when he is squinting", I can find inspiration quickly. 

Don't judge me. 

Here's some art...


The end.


No comments:

Post a Comment