Saturday 1 May 2010

new paintings of the old

And when I say old, I don't mean elderly people.

I've just bought some wood today that I'm going to start painting in a few minutes. I think I am done with painting on paper in the style I was doing before... for now anyways. I will probably revisit it later when I have some more ideas. For the wood, I am going to revisit the 'bird hand' painting I did a few years ago.


It seams to be a favorite among my friends and family. I've always really liked it too, but not loved it. There are a few things that I would change given the chance. When I first painted it I had painted the entire hand bright kelly green. I have no idea why and I soon realized it was a huge mistake, so I spent hours scraping the paint all off, because I still wanted to have the wood showing. So it was a bit frustrating and I never did anything more like it. I think straight after this painting I starting painting the very first set of coasters.


The end.

Time to get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment