Monday 30 August 2010

So many birds, so little time.

So a couple of weeks ago I submitted a bunch of my paintings for this art festival that went on in Chichester. The organiser was looking for artists, so I asked "what for?" and they said "an art maze!"and I said "okay, count me in!". That's basically how it went down. The theme was Myth/Enchantment/Conspiracy, so I painting a load of owls.............. I was already painting owls, so just continued on with what I was doing and hoped that people would be able to link the theme with my paintings.

Here they all are on show:
There were a few pieces cut out from this shot, but you get the idea.




So that is what I have been up too. Painting owls.






Here are some better pictures of some of the new paintings.





This one I love. I bought this frame of preloved.co.uk for £8.00. Bargain! It is just plastic, but it looks really cool. Mind the glare in the photo, I have to re-take this one. I call this one the "bad owl". I am so uncreative with the naming of my paintings.










I call this one the cardinal. This bird's hands creep me out.. I love it!














Click this one to see it bigger. He's holding a tiny cat.















I love this one too. Also a tiny cat on it's head.

The Bird King?





Owl made from crows. Creepy? A little bit.


tree barn owl


crow mask

There are loads more. Check out the website or the facebook to see them all. Most of them are for sale as well. And I need to sell them as I am seriously getting over-run with art. 

The end.


No comments:

Post a Comment